Thursday 3 May 2012

This is Abigail "Gail" Lynn


Name: Abigail Lynn 

Nickname(s): Gail 

Significance of name and nickname: It was a nickname given by my late grandmother. I loved her so much, and I only allow very few people to call me by that name. That includes my parents, siblings, and very close friends. Even Fred doesn’t call me by that name, but I let Eric address me by that name.
The name “Abigail” itself means, Father in rejoicing. I am a daddy’s little princess. I am the only child, therefore making me the one and only daddy’s little girl. I get a lot of things from my dad when I was young. Now I’m leaving separately from him, but I still do keep in touch with him.

Age: 36

Exact birthday: 29th April 1955

Birthplace: Hartford, Connecticut

Astrological sign: Taurus

Significance of birth details: People born under the sign of Taurus values order, security and self assurance. I don’t like things to be out of order. I like things to be in order, and in terms of future, I need to feel certain about my future. I need to know that things are going to be fine, and we have plans, and backup plans, if the main plan was to fail. I need to know that when I start a family, my husband will be able to provide me with the finance, love and assurance.

Period and Culture: “Me Decade” of the 1970s. This was a significant time of my life. For the youngsters of that time, it was the time of hippie culture, disco etc. I was about the age of 20 at that time. It was the time of my life. I met the love of my life, and finally knew how it felt like to be in love.

Place: New York, New York

Social class, politics: An average middle class citizen. I Live in a small, comfortable semi-D house in Connecticut with my husband and new born daughter, Elizabeth. Not much into politics, but she’s intelligent and is aware of what is going on around me.

Historical events that affect your character: I used to have a relationship with Eric Evelyn Cooper, it was serious to the point we nearly got engaged. We talked about how it is like if we were together, and already were starting to think of starting a family together. That is until he bailed on me and left on a boat to Saint John.

Family:

Parents: Ethan Lynn (father), Mia Lynn (Mother)

Sibling(s): None

Other significant family: Frederick “Fred” Young (husband)

Biography

Significant events in:

Teenage/Young Adulthood: Entered university at the age of 18, that was the first time I left Connecticut to go to New York to study communications and theatre arts. It was in my second year that I met Eric. He was a working in my favorite coffee shop. It was almost like one of that love at first sight. I gave all of myself to him, because I knew that this relationship was something that was going to go far.

Adulthood: My relationship with Eric lasted for five years. We were serious, despite the young age. But I never knew that he was going to bail on me. He left me when I was 24, without saying goodbye. From then on, our communications were completely cut off.
I was 28 when I met Fred. He was a young man, working in a bank. He moved in to the apartment next to mine in New York. Gradually feelings grow for each other, though I knew that my feelings for Fred are not as strong as my feelings for Eric. But I have grown tired of waiting, and I gave up waiting until Eric comes back. I decided to give Fred and I a shot. It was not as eventful of a relationship as when I was with Eric, but I can see a future, a stable future for Fred and I.

At the age of 32, my parents were already urging me to get married. Though part of me don’t want to get married just yet, I realized that I won’t stay young forever. I am an only child, and the only hope of producing off springs to continue the Lynn genes. I, of course, didn’t say anything of this to Fred; I wanted to make sure that he was ready, though I know somewhere inside me I don’t want to get married to Fred.

By the time I was 33, Fred proposed to me, and we got married later that year. We moved from New York, back to my hometown, Hartford, Connecticut, just so that I can be closer to my parents. Conveniently, Fred’s parents lives in Hartford as well.
I was blessed with a beautiful daughter, when I was 35. I named her Elizabeth Young.

Education events: Grew up and spent most of my earlier years in Connecticut. I moved to New York when I got into university. I attended New York University, majoring in communications and theater arts.

Relationship and sexual events: I got into a couple of relationships in high school, but were never serious with it. Eric was the first serious relationship I got into. It lasted for 5 years and ended unexpectedly. Fred came later on and the relationship lasted for about 4 years, and I ended up marrying him.

I gave my first time to Eric. It felt right at that moment and I thought we both could go far. So I gave him my first.  

Career and work events: I have always loved the theatre since young. Hence why I chose to major in communications and theatre arts. After, my graduation, I went for auditions and was casted for a few productions.

Travel, dislocation, relocation: Age 18, left Connecticut to go to New York. Age 33, moved back to Connecticut, and lived there eversince.

Marriage events: Married Frederick “Fred” Young, out of convenience.

Specific places: Hartford, Connecticut. New York City, New York, New York University.

Physical Characteristics

Describe your character’s body from his/her point of view; from another’s’ point of view.
From other’s point of view: Slender. Not fat, not skinny, just the right proportion of fat and muscle. Gail’s hips are bigger than her shoulder, giving her the apple shaped body.
Gail’s perspective: Just normal. I think that my hips and stomach are a little bit too large.

What words describe your character’s movement? Use images as well as adjectives.
Graceful, soft, but also can be hard and thrusting when needed to be.

Energy center
Chest. I am a very emotional person and the chest is where my heart is. I am driven by emotion hence by my energy center is on the chest.


Power focus.

What part(s) of the body is the focus of your character’s power? vulnerability?

My hands. They are used to intimidate and get my points across, when I’m talking to someone. My hands are used to hold people that I hold dear, and to throw those that aren’t.  
What parts of the body are attractive? unattractive? Shameful? Open? Locked?

Attractive. My eyes. I believe the purity of a person’s intention can be seen through the eyes, and I am a very genuine person.

Shameful, would be my stomach. Since I was pregnant, my stomach will not return to the original size it was. I try to hide them and tie them in using belts etc.

Imagine your character’s body in detail

Hair and face: Short hair, kept neatly in a bob hairstyle. This is easy to maintain and doesn’t get in the way when I work. Small, petite face, with gentle features. I look very motherly.

Torso and groin: Apple shaped body with bigger hips than my shoulder.

Arms and hands: medium. Not too fat, not too skinny. But they are strong hands meant for work and handling kids.

Legs and feet: A nice ratio of muscle and fat. They are strong legs that had held her for years through the ups and downs.

Movement:

Generally, how does your character move? Describe in adjectives and images.
Light, Direct, Sudden. I’m a dab character.

Name an animal physically like your character? Be specific as to why and how.
A cat would behave like me. A cat is very light, but direct in her directions and move very suddenly most of the time. A cat is driven by what it feels interest her at the time, much like I am.

Voice and Speech:

Generally, how does your character speak? What tone and volume?

I usually speak in a very commanding voice, though not loud in volume, and still gentle in nature

Generally, where does your character place his/her voice?

On my throat. I would say this is because when I am calm, there’s still control. When I am not calm, there’s a tendency for me to go loud and pitchy. This shows the occasional need of self-assurance  

Dress

How does your character dress? Why does he/she choose her/his attire? Be specific from undergarments to outer-garments, from casual to formal.

I choose to wear loose clothing such as dresses as they are easy to move around in. Usually I would wear them with a shawl or a cardigan. Undergarments would consist of a normal bra and granny panties.

What are your character’s colors?

Red, which signifies strength and passion as well as flaring emotions

What style or period?

I love the style of the 1950s. I think they are very feminine, and shows character. Knee length dresses are very feminine at the same time somewhat shows freedom that I want.

How does your character groom him/herself? Hair? Make up? Scents?

I don’t put on a lot of make-up. Usually when I get out, I would put on lipstick just to add color to my face. I usually wear my hair down, swept to one side.

Accessories?
A simple necklace and a wedding ring will be my everyday accessory

Relationships/Marriage

Is your character married or involved with someone? When and how did that happen?

I am married to Frederick Young for about 3 years now. I married him on the 26th October 1988.

Who does your character have to care for? Children? Old parents? Pets?

I have to care for Elizabeth, my daughter.

What are the pleasures and satisfactions?

Taking care of the little bundle of joy I have

What are the sadnesses, problems, and fears?

I know deep inside my heart that I still love Eric, and that I don’t love Fred. I do have the fear that one day this feeling can be a hindrance in our family.

What is your character’s relationship history?

I use to have a relationship with Eric. But that took a turn for the worse. I had a relationship with Fred and now I am married to him.

Other aspects

Create a list of your character’s likes and dislikes regarding anything: food, people, quirks, sports, activities, reading, music, entertainment.
LIKES
DISLIKES
Animals
Disorganized
Pictionary
Uncertainties
Order
Loud noises
Peace
Fights
Reading
Getting left behind
Theater
Lies
Performances

Order



Books and magazines your character reads; movies and TV shows; music.

Books
  • ·        Pride and Prejudice
  • ·        Of Mice and Men
Productions
  • ·         West Side Story

What are your character’s physical habits?

Nail biting

What are your character’s secrets? Who knows about them? What secrets does only your character know?

I don’t love my husband. I didn’t want to marry him. I married him out of convenience

What music would you play on your ipod to “get into character”?

Gravity by Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment