Thursday 3 May 2012

Beat Sheet for Abigail Lynn

So here's the beat sheet for The Man Who Couldn't Dance, for Gail.


Beat
Objective
Obstacle
Action
1.
I want to get inside the room to check on my baby, and let Eric see her
The door
I opened the door and made my way inside
2.
I want to get in without waking my baby up
Eric making a noise
I said “Not too loud”  in a scolding manner
3.
I want to show Eric my baby
His ignorance and lack of interest
I called him once, and when he didn’t turn, I called him again until he turned. Smiled at him and introduced the man to my sweet baby
4.
I want to show him that I’m offended
His inconsiderateness
I made a loud, somewhat angry “What” and looked at him straight in the eye
5.
I don’t want to start a fight with him
He’s still being inconsiderate towards my feelings
I just brushed it off in a way. I put the insult aside, and told him why I wanted him to see my baby.
6.
I wanted to get an explanation out of him

“What?”
7.
I don’t really want to get all sentimental and going back to the past kind of thing
His speech-like way of saying things
I turned whatever he said into a joke, and laughed it off
8.
I don’t want to start a fight with him
Once he rants, he won’t stop.
“I do not want to get into a discussion about this now, Eric” in a stern voice.
9.
I don’t want to start a fight and wake the baby up. I felt it’s enough that he’s already seen the baby

“Let’s just go downstairs”
10.
I want to show him that I’m offended at his remarks
He is still being inconsiderate
I raised my voice as I asked him what he meant.
11.
I want to show him that I am now living the life that I always wanted and is now very happy

“Fred and I happen to be very, very happy” I also raised my voice to show that I was offended of what he said about Fred and Marie
12.
I want to hurt him like he hurt me
His emotional detachment, and his lack of expression
I made fun of the fact that he is going out with a girl that is far too young for him and does a thesis on a stupid singer.
13.
I want to deny the fact that I was interested with her thesis
The fact that he is seeing right through me
“Who the hell would write a thesis on Paris Hilton?!” in a mocking tone, especially when I said Paris Hilton. I try to imitate how Paris Hilton acts
14.
I want to make fun of him

“Oh she’s beautiful, she’s intelligent, she’s not hung up by society’s rule” while imitating him on the phone
15.
I want to point out the fact that he hasn’t grown up despite the age, and continue to mock him

“I think you should grow up”, “Why should you grow up, are you asking me why should you grow up?” emphasis on grow up.
16.
I want to show that I’ve moved on and grown up of our past relationship
He’s seeing right through me
I list down the things that people do, and stated the fact that, that is what everyone does.
17.
I wanted to show him that I am not saddened about the past
He’s seeing right through me, he knows that I only got by.
I snapped back at him denying the fact that I was going to cry.
18.
I want to deny the fact that I regret my choices. I wanted to show him that I made the right choice
He doesn’t trust me
I swore at him, showing him how I am not happy with the fact that he’s looking through me
19.
I finally snapped and I let out the truth of how I am happy with the fact that he left my life

I growled and shouted at him, about how I made the right choice about marrying Fred and that he wasn’t the father of my daughter.
20.
I attempted to end the fight
He continues to mock me
“Let’s just spend the rest of the night playing Pictionary alright”
21.
I want to show him that I’m offended at the fact that he is insulting my husband
His ignorance
“Do you know how intimidated my husband is by you?” telling him to back off.
22.
I want to mock his immaturity.

“Maturity-wise”
23.
I want to drop the subject about my marriage and feelings
His persistence
“That’s it. I demand that you play Pictionary, Eric, I goddamn insist.”
24.
I need to deny the fact that I don’t love my husband
He’s seeing right through me
“I never said I didn’t love him” This wasn’t a lie.
25.
I couldn’t tell Eric that I loved my husband.
My denial had finally reached its peak that I can’t continue to deny anymore
“YOU GOT ON THAT FUCKING BOAT!” I told him the reason why we were in this place.
26.
I want to continue to make him feel hurt the way I did

“The Farmboy from Bensonhurst. You’re wasting your intelligence”
27.
My last attempt to justify my choices in the past, and to establish a higher status than him

“That thing you said about me regretting my choices, at least I made a choice”
28.
My attempt to justify my marriage
His trust in me
“I love Fred, Eric”
29.
He needed to know the truth
I can’t keep denying myself
“But not like how I loved you.”
30.
I wanted to end the conversation and the fight
He seemed to want to stay
“Let’s just go downstairs” and I apologized for what happened in the past.
31.
I wanted to stop him but I didn’t
I’m seeing him as the father of my daughter, and I liked the view of that. I couldn’t stop him from lifting Elizabeth into his arms.
“Eric, what is it?”
32.
I didn’t want to get into another fight.
I didn’t want to hear what he wanted to say, but he continued on anyway
“You can’t dance, this is why you’re crying?”
33.
I wanted to hear his justifications

“How did Elizabeth made you think of that?”
34.
I didn’t want to take the blame of what happened

“I would arrange this, like I did this to you?” Emphasis on I and a tone of disbelief.
35.
I wanted to know why he didn’t tell me this earlier. I regretted my choices of marrying Fred

“Why didn’t you just say me you couldn’t dance?”
36.
I want to raise his spirit
He’s feeling so down
“Yes, you will!”
37.
I shouldn’t hold him
I want to hold him
“I don’t think so, I mean, I don’t think I would be able to let go”
38.
I wanted to tell him the truth

“I believe you, I cried”
39.
I attempted to raise the mood. I’ve got to comfort him.

“There was one time that you danced with”
40.
I’ve got to comfort him, give him a little bit of hope

“Eric, maybe one day-”
41.
I’ve got to give him some positive thoughts
He really doesn’t like Marie
“I’m sure you’ll do just fine on your own”
42.
I’ve got to make up for those lost times, and I’ve got to give him more positive thoughts

I went up to him, hugged him and started dancing with him, giving him assurance that everything will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment