Friday 4 May 2012

Final Words, SnowLullaby Signing Off

This is going to be the last post on this blog.

This is going to be the last post about theater102.

It felt like yesterday that I posted my first ever blog post on this blog. And now here I am doing my last post on this blog. No I don't think I'll ever be blogging again, cuz let's face it. I don't really like writing blogs. Well at least not posts about my life.

But this blog has been very dear to me. The documentation of what I did in theater102 in ADP in Winter 2012; the reflections I did, the things I learned, the things that I did wrong, the things that I did right, everything is documented right here and now.

So since it has most of the things I've learned so here's one last post about Rey's feedback of Teck Sern's and my adaptation of The Man Who Couldn't Dance.

So, we decided that we were going to talk to Rey today at 10am about our performance on Wednesday. I wasn't that scared, because whatever marks I'll get, its the marks that I believe I'll deserve, because I know I gave my 110% on that stage.

So we walked in, and we began talking. Rey asked us how we felt we did, and obviously we were very open about it. We felt that we both did well, we felt that we both gave it our all on Wednesday.

So Rey gave us our feedback. He felt that we both did well, despite having a hard script. There were many layers to the script and he doesn't blame us for getting only 80% of the way, because it was so deep and there were so little time.

He also thought that Teck Sern did well, with that character that he was given so late. Rey turned his problem into its own solution. Instead of making him stay still, Rey made him move around instead. Even more than before. But the difference was the movement were strong grounded movements, and deliberate. The only problem was that because he got that character so late, he couldn't really find the moments to do those movements. But regardless, I thought that Teck Sern did great! I'm so proud of him.

So, after Wednesday's performance, we got *drum rolls*

A HIGH B

Well, I'm ok with it. Considering the fact that we had a hard script and heck we both were completely our of our comfort zone unlike some of the other's characters. But Rey felt that if we had given more time, we could have achieved that A, and over time we would have done better than what we did on Wednesday.

I'm not sad that we only got a high B. I'm very satisfied.

I just wanna say to my awesome partner, Teck Sern, a big thank you. Thank you for being such an awesome, committed partner. I know I haven't been the best partner, but thank you for sticking with me through ups and downs that we go through in the rehearsal period. I'm sorry if I've said anything or done anything wrong. But I want you to know, I'm very proud of you. I'm very proud of the things that we've done as partners and the things that we've achieved throughout the duration of this finals. 


And now that theater 102 is finally finished, its time for me to sign off. 


This blog may not have anymore updates from now on. But it has been a pleasure writing and updating this blog. I know that later on in life, I can always go back here and read what I've done at one of the starting points of my theater life, and be proud of what I've done. I'll be able to appreciate where I came from and appreciate what I've done. I'll know that I would have come far, from an antisocial nerd to whatever I'll be in the future.


To my theater class,


I'll miss you all, and best of luck in the future. Thank you all for giving me the best last semester in ADP I can ever ask for. I certainly do hope that we will cross paths again somewhere in the future and perhaps get to work with you all again.


To Rey,


Billions of thanks for the things you have taught me. Theater taught me more things than what I could have learned inside the classrooms. Thank you for giving me the chance of becoming a stage manager, and I've certainly benefited from it. Thank you for rekindling the passion for stage that I've put off years ago. I know I didn't make a mistake taking theater 102. Best of luck in the future, and I certainly do hope that I'll get to work under you again.





~SnowLullaby, Celine Letizia Taslim, Signing Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment