Thursday 3 May 2012

Directed by a Professional Director

[Monday, 16th April 2012]

For the first time!! :D

We are finally working with Rey, and he is personally going to direct us. So we were called in one group at a time. Mine was called in 3rd.

He helped us worked on our intonation, such as when I come in and said "Not too loud". And then helped us with our blocking as well. We only got to show very little of our play because we had to keep on starting over and over and over again. But it was good because now we had an idea of what he wants, and with repetition, we were getting better with our entrances.

I need to work more on my own intonation. I tend to deliver it in an inaccurate way and it kills the scene. It took him 5 minutes just to get me to do it the right way. The first time, I introduced my baby as if I'm introducing someone for a business deal. whoopsss!

The play is always about the past. We have to come in with all the past of our characters. I know Gail's past, but if I don't internalize it and remember it automatically with coming cues, I'm screwed. I need to work on my timing and cues as well. :D

Thank You Rey, for working with us today! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment