Thursday 3 May 2012

Look into my eyes

[Wednesday, 4th April 2012]

I thought we were going to perform our first third today. I guess we're not.

I came early as usual, but was too lazy to make my way to the theater just yet. So I settled around the food court area and was on my computer in a flash.

By 7.40, I made my way to the experimental theater, and by 8, the class was going to start. As usual, I had to call those that weren't in, and Valerie was one of them. I tried calling her 3-4 times and so did Lih Seng. Finally he managed to get through to her, and turns out she's not coming to class. Why? Because she overslept. Damn, how could she be so irresponsible to her own partner like that. I mean, you could see the frustration in Lih Seng's face when she wasn't coming. And it didn't help that Rey kicked him out.

REY KICKED HIM OUT

The poor boy. It sucks watching him, only able to sigh at the fact that he couldn't do work today because his partner wasn't in. All I could do was watch, feeling sorry and gave him a hug, trying to make him feel better. He gave Rey a helpless smile, as Rey explained why and what's going to happen to his attendance that day. The rest of the class, could only watch him left.

But regardless, class must go on. The trio was sent outside to work on theirs. While Teck Sern, Filza, Wei Lim and I was left inside. Rey had Filza and Wei Lim sit as close as possible on a chair. Their feet grounded to the ground and they sat upright, looking only at each other's eyes. Teck Sern and I had to feed them their lines. This was a tough session as many walls were broken down. By the end of it Wei Lim ran off to the toilet as he was having stomach ache. HAHA. No but that's not the point. When Filza was alone, Rey got her to close her eyes and imagined what happened between them in the play. It was such a strong emotion that she actually cried. I wasn't looking at her, but sitting next to her, I was affected. I was angry and I could feel I had a lump on my throat.

Next it was my turn with Teck Sern. We sat closely with each other and look into each other's eyes. Problem is he kept on looking away for a second then comes back, and he has such a bored face that I find quite amusing to be honest. HAHA. But regardless, I felt that I could understand my character more through this exercise. I could feel her sadness, and I began to question why he left me. I actually could feel my face getting a bit warmer. I felt that I was going to cry, but I didn't. It just wasn't strong enough to come out.

The next one was the trio. I had to feed Mohammad's and Leanne's line. They did theirs pretty fast because we were running out of time.

This was some pretty intense stuff going on. Wow. I found things that I didn't find in my character before. But now that I know, I have to dig more to find more stuff about my character so I can portray her better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment