Thursday 3 May 2012

Rehearsal Notes - Bucking up

So because Rey wanted to see the whole 10 minutes play by Wednesday, we decided to add our practice time. Instead of the usual Tuesdays, and Thursdays 1-3pm, we also added on one hour on Monday. The extra one hour really helped!

So on Monday, we got started with the script reading again. Only this time, we tried without actually having the script in front of us. By this time, I had majority of my lines down, with minor mistakes and a few of them only. But Teck Sern was still having trouble remembering his. Because he had 3 huge monologues that he has to remember. Urgh, I'm so glad I'm a girl. hehe.

We focused on the script today and we decided to do the blocking tomorrow due to the lack of time and space.

Tuesday, we came back and we managed to secure ourselves BG20, which has so much more space compare to the other room that we usually use. This time too, we had a baby doll. We used the table as the cradle and at first we worked on how to handle babies. Teck Sern has no idea, and I mean NO idea how to handle babies. The poor babies. I was scared at the way he handles them. He is soooo not gentle with them at all. I'm scared.

Because we had more space this time, we used the area to work on our blocking. We did it like how we did it on Wednesday, except that because of the smaller space, there were minor changes. But nothing big. Regardless, we still practiced the blocking and we had 2-3 run through with pauses in between due to us directing each other. I was also wearing something like my costume, just so I can get use to wearing a dress and shoes on stage. :D

Well I'm nervous for tomorrow. Let's just hope we do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment