Friday 9 March 2012

This is Madness!

[Monday, 5th March 2012]

Monday, Jezzzz, Why can't everyday be weekends? I hate the fact that I have to wake up at 5 am just to get to college by 7. GRRR..

But it's theater day again. So it's all cool. I always look forward to the Monday class because that's where we do the actual class activities.

So as usual, I came early. And Jesus, it hasn't started well. I FORGOT THE TAPE. I was supposed to tape the stage for the midterms, and I forgot to bring them. Joy. Means that I have to rush now on the day itself.

By 8am the class started. So yea, we walked around. Then Rey wanted one of us to start humming and the others began joining in. So I took the initiative to start humming. Eventually the class was filled with this monotonous droning sound. It was pretty irritating to be honest. Then we had to hum on different notes. Man I tried hitting the higher notes, it was hard. My throat end up hurting, and I kept running out of breath. Others seemed to have like this endless amount of oxygen in their lungs that they keep on droning like raged bees, damn.

Then we had to pair up and start singing I love you to each other. My partner was Josh, and it was soooo awkward. Because we had to maintain eye contact and all. The I hate you was easier, and I just walked away.

We did something called the Contrapuntal conversation. I did this in my THTR101 class last year, and boy did I screwed up. I kept laughing last year. Need to focus this time.  So I paired up with Filza, and after Rey showed us what to do we started. I just started blabbing on and on and on, while Filza seemed so lost. I don't know why. She always seemed like one of the best in the class and she was struggling.

Then we had to change partners, while still blabbing on. I was still blabbing about photography and I joined Leanne and Adam. Damn it was hard to blab to both of them. Both of them are also so loud and bigger than me. Intimidating. But despite the pressure I thought I did well. Wow.

Then this is where it gets harder. We had to pick up words from each other and use it in our bullshit talks. I was still working in a trio with Leanne and Adam. Boy it was hard trying to catch words from both of them. But I think I did a pretty good job. It taught me how to multitask in terms of listening and catching words at the same time.

Then we had to change partners again. This time, we had to add in gestures and follow them. I went to Vhina and David. It was so funny, because one of us was talking about sex, the other glee, and the other photography. I end up talking bull about having a photo shoot with two models on the bed. We were so synchronize as well it was hilarious. The three of us started jumping and we were jumping and landing at the exact same time!

Last one was give and take. I paired up with Vhina again. Before that I was used as an example by Rey. I end up talking about the floor! I started complaining how dirty the floor is and how brown it is. Boy it was funny because after a while I didn't know what to say. Luckily he stopped before I ran out of words. Then as I worked with Vhina, she started with her glee thing and I jumped in if I find a word that would fit into my sentences.

Then we had to pair up and do a stereotype. So I did a Chinese Petaling Street shop owner that was complaining about her day. I paired up with Wei Lim and he was playing another Chinese dude. I don't know if I sounded like a Chinese woman or not.

Some were quite funny. Leanne played this mainland China girl who tried to get this lady (Lycel) to sleep with her. One of the lines were like, "How old are you? 18?" to which she reply, "No no no, I 16". The whole class started laughing at such a random remark.

Another funny one would be by David and Wilson. One was talking about how his girlfriend broke up with him and the other was an old man talking about how the Japanese people were shooting at his family, killing all of them. It was so funny, because it somewhat fits, and the exaggerated expression helped.

Well what I learned today was the importance of listening while talking as well. I realized how by listening to other people I got more ideas about what to talk about my own topic. I also can see how this technique works in generating lines, because you literally just throw lines at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment