Sunday 11 March 2012

The Semi-big day

[Wednesday, 7th March 2012]

Semi-big day because its midterms and not finals.

Well regardless I felt OK at the beginning. I had to come early because I have to tape the floor with Leanne and Vhina. Oh wells the work of a stage manager.

Then we ran out of tape. So I had to run to get some more. Thank God the Newspaper shop was open this early, so I just popped in and bought some and quickly finished taping the stage.The lines were not straight at all, but whatever, as long as it looks rectangle I'm good.

So people started coming in. Mohammad and I were just rehearsing on the stage and we had to switch with other people after 1 or 2 run-throughs. Then we simply go through the lines over and over again to make sure we had the flow of the essay.

When Rey came in, we were given 15 minutes to rehearse and then were briefed as to how the midterms is going to be conducted. We were told to pick a number, which we picked 1, and ends up having to go 3rd. Leanne and Lih Seng went first, followed by the trio of Filza, Wei Lim and Teck Sern, then us, and Adam and Valerie ends the scene.

Well I won't comment much on the other's performance. They were all obviously rehearsed well. I liked the ending for Lih Seng's and Leanne's skit, where they said, "bye" at the same time. Adam's and Valerie's were probably the best out of all of ours. I think I would have enjoyed acting in that skit.

Well for ours, I thought it went better than expected. I was more focused than the usual rehearsals, and it felt much more natural than before. But according to Rey I wasn't exactly in character when I first got in. Maybe it wasn't enough.

Rey also said that we played ourselves and that the character were far too close to ourselves. Which I thought was true. Although I'm not a hardcore gamer, I do game, and I am not as girlish as some other girls. So I thought that the character Sera was far too close to myself and therefore I end up playing myself. Damn, why didn't I realize it earlier.

All in all, I think that it could have been so much better and I should have stuck with the first script instead of changing it. It would have been so much stronger than the current script. So I do regret changing the script. But what's done is done and now all I can wish for is to have at least a final mark of B and I'll be good.

By the end of the class, Rey mentioned that we won't be writing our own plays anymore. HALLELUJAH!!! Finally working on actual script. This would be interesting. This is actually the part I'm looking forward to the most. Can't wait to start and meet my new partner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment