Thursday 29 March 2012

Rehearsal Notes - Confusing Script

Yes, the script is confusing. It doesn't even make sense!!

So I met up with Teck Sern on Tuesday. We couldn't meet up on Monday cuz he had to go to a doctor. The poor boy got elbowed on his back twice in a basketball game.

So we met up at 1, right after our class to practice. We brainstormed a bit and tried out different scenes. But none of them worked well. So we took, what I would call an easy way out; turning everything to a sexual innuendo.

Bleh, I felt so awkward at first doing it, and it didn't help when people barge in a couple of times. But I think it was an ok practice. Not the best one but just OK. We went through runs and once we were done, we went to the script reading for the finals. We read up Flop Cop by Laura Cunningham and The Man Who Couldn't Dance by Jason Katims. We didn't get to read up Stars though.

So here's the beat and object exercise

Who am I?
- A stripper trying to get a client to sleep with her.

Where am I?
- A local club called Milkshakes

What time is it?
- Around 11.30pm. I had a bad business so far today.

What are my relationships?
- I have a relationship with the customer/client

What are the given circumstances?
- I haven't had a customer all night, so I'm trying to see if this guy wants some action

What do I want?
- To get him to come take my service and money

What is in my way?
- He's offering too little

What do I do to get what I want?
- Flirt with him more, hinting that I want more money

Here's the beats

A: (enters) GIRL! (takes off shirt) Hold ma poodle. (shakes chest and walk towards B)
B: Would you go out with me on Saturday? (wraps arm around waist and pulls)
A: Ohh (comes closer towards B's face) I hate your guts (flicks, then walks away)
B: The car just took the corner at a hundred miles per hour (takes out money)
A: (Turns around, saw RM100 only) What the hell?! (walks away further. He's too cheap man!)
B: (to himself) Why game so fun to play with? (takes out another RM100, calls A)
A: (goes towards B, takes the money out of his hands, Now he's worth my time) Have you taken your pills yet?
B: I enjoy singing in the bathroom (whispers in A's ear)
A: What did you have for lunch?! (walks away, digusted)
B: I looked in the mirror.
A: (looks at the money, and then the man) I'm about to go on a stage (Takes his hands and leads him out)
B: Enter Sandman.

Shitt!! I swear, this was sooo awkward in so many different stages. Bleh. Just hopefully things will turn out good tomorrow. Urgh. Cross fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment