Saturday 17 March 2012

Neutral, neutral

[Monday, 12th March 2012]

So its the first class after mid-terms, and for once I'm actually starting my journal the same day of that class.

Anyway, because I was too lazy to wait in the ADP office, I went straight to the experimental theater. It's so much nicer to wait there anyway, so I can sleep. After settling in, I put down my bag and went to clean my bowels, and when I got back Leanne was there already. So we chatted for a while and pretty soon people started pouring in.

Rey joined us pretty soon after, and he started the briefing. BUT I had to miss it cuz he sent Adam, Zong Yong and me out to get the photocopied books of the 10 minutes plays. Damn it was heavy, thank God for the two guys. So yea, I actually missed whatever he was saying to the class, but I didn't bother asking what it was anyway. Cuz I thought whatever it was he said in class, I'll know eventually. Hehe.

Anyway, Rey actually wanted us to start on our finals! OH SHIT! We have roughly a month and two weeks before the finals. Not a lot of time to rehearse a play, even though its only 10 minutes long. Oh wells, so Rey paired us up, and thank God, I'm not with Mohammad anymore. YES I AM MAKING SOMEONE LOOK BAD, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ALONE. That is how bad my experience with him is, or maybe I just can't handle people who are too relaxed. So I was paired up with Teck Sern. Yippee! I worked with him before for social psychology, so I think I'll be fine for finals. We got the Take Ten Book.

So then the class started, we had to walk around as usual. We had to wake each other up by slapping them, shaking them and all. It was quite funny looking at the expression of other people when they tried to wake each other up. Oh wells, it did somewhat worked because I end up laughing so much.

Then we had to talk in gibberish. I paired up with someone who I can't remember and started just bla bla-ing. we seemed like we actually are having a conversation, although I had no clue what we were saying. It was give and take, because in a way when I'm uttering gibberish, they stayed quiet and vice versa. Next we had to change partner and tell a dirty joke. I paired up with Vhina, and just started blabbering. It was awkward because I didn't know any dirty joke, damn. So I just tried to act as if like she's saying something dirty and I'm saying something dirty that we both end up laughing. It was awkward. Then we had to gossip. AH gossiping, I suppose it would come easily for any human being. Though, in this gibberish, I didn't think I did a very good job. Oh wells.

I was hoping we'd get to do a whole class on gibberish like in theater101. I remembered how me and Justin were on the verge of crying in theater101 because of this class. HAHA but that was last time. But then we had to cut the gibberish short.

We were given neutral scripts that consists of simple lines, and we had to go to our finals partner. So I went to Teck Sern. At first we had to read it normally (which I made the mistake of giving it assumptions) a couple of times. I was B and Teck Sern was A. I'll show you the script.

A : Please.
B : I can't.
A : Just try.
B : I don't know.
A : Please.
B : Can you.
A : Don't even.
B : But.
A : No.
B : You're mad.
A : Alright.
B : Ready.
A : You know.
B : What's that.
A : Here.
B : Okay.
A : Great.

So yea, it doesn't really mean anything. But it seems to me a bit sexual. HAHA. I'm not the only one who sees it that way ok, I mean Teck Sern too and I bet the others sees it that way. Well teenagers mind, hormones, 'nuff said.Well it was a bit hard to put it in a flat tone, since I was always the expressive girl, so yea. But I got it done so hehehehe.

Next we had to put in status. First A was low status and B was high. It felt good man! I mean Teck Sern is like way taller than me, and I, the smaller one, was bossing him around. Muahahahhahahaa. Anyway, I got so close to him, and said to his ear in this cold to my first line. It was awesome hehe. I felt powerful, and intimidating at the same time. But then he got his sweet revenge on me. I was like oh shit!! It was intimidating because he's like twice my size in terms of height, not sideways though. I'm fat. I love my food kay :P

Then the low status, had to be sick of all the bullying and leave the high status. So I had to leave Teck Sern at first, and he had to make up to me. Then the reverse was done. I found the once high status self suddenly being in lower status than before. Well it's expected. I mean if you are apologizing to someone you will be of a lower status than that of the person you're apologizing too. It's like throwing your ego away when you apologize to someone.

Then we had to stand as close as possible to one another. It was so awkward and I couldn't stop giggling. Since I'm so short, all I see is his shirt. I saw Lih Seng and Valerie and they were just the nice height for each other. Then we had to look up and say the lines to each other. We are already close, and we had to make eye contact, all the more awkwardness. At one point, I actually end up finding him cute (WTF?!) in a way. Bleh. HAHA guess I wasn't the only one that felt awkward, because unconsciously Teck Sern were actually inching away from me and I know that, haha.

Then we had the whole lying on the ground thing. I swear it was soooo awkward!! Teck Sern couldn't stop giggling and he looked like he was going to laugh. I swear I cannot look at Teck Sern like how I see Lih Seng or Eric or any other guy. No offense intended, but he just reminds me so much of my little brother that it felt so awkward for me to be supposedly lying in bed with him. And what does lying in bed means most of the time? Sex. OMG Its like having sex with my own brother, oh gosh that's just awkward.

So now, we have to do a whole scene in a chose place, and we had to perform it on Wednesday. Yeap that's right, WEDNESDAY. That means just two days of practice. No joke. Die die also have to do. So Teck Sern and I were given Battlefield and a beauty parlor.

Oh wells, good luck to us doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment