Friday 9 March 2012

Rehearsal Notes - Mid Terms

SHIT ITS MIDTERMS.

DAYUM.

Anyway, so I was paired up with Mohammad and I tell you it was so hard to work with him. Yes I am not holding back with him here, because in reality, that was the way it is.

So here's like a summary of what happened throughout the whole week of practice in preparation for mid-terms.

On Wednesday, I found out that my partner was Mohammad. OK fair enough. Texted him asking  when he wants to meet. He replied once and when I replied, I didn't get any reply back. Joy. There you go Thursday gone, poof, with me trying to call him 30x and he was unreachable.

So we end up meeting on Friday. We worked on the basic scene whereby it was about a sex addict who found out that she had AIDS. Well it was supposed to be Mohammad that was the sex addict, but I end up doing it because I thought that I rather play this character than the doctor. In the end she finds out that the doctor had made a mistake, and that she doesn't have AIDS.

We tried it out, it worked. The flow was good, and there was a powerful pause in between that must be done at all cost. So with satisfied mood, we left for the weekends to do our own rehearsal. I did a bit of those to remind me how the flow goes. I wrote the script and replayed the scene over and over in my head so I know what to do.

Monday comes and we agreed to meet at 12.30. And no surprise, he was late, almost an hour as he went to go and eat. Fair enough, nature calls. We started the rehearsals soon. We went through the scene and it was apparent that he didn't do his practice. I bet he didn't even look at the script. The flow was messed up, and the pause, that powerful pause, just didn't happen.

So we decided to change the scene last minute to something about selfishness, trying to work things out and all. Credits to Jueneke for giving me this idea. So I'm a girl who double dated herself and tries to get her bestie to cancel the plan. Again I worked on the script and asked him to work on his version of the script and we'd compare who's was better.

Tuesday came. We agreed to meet at 3pm. But he came at 4pm. Who wouldn't be pissed? And he was distracted by his friends. That is not cool. The midterms was just the next day and I couldn't be bothered to deal with this kinds of crap. So once he was done, we got to practicing. We practiced for 3 hours on that day. Only 3 hours because he came late and we spent one hour eating. Bleh, all we can do is hope for the best for the next day.

Damn I sound like I'm ranting on this post.

So here's the object exercise:


Who am I?
-          I am Sera, a tomboy teenage girl who loves her video games, especially the one on one fist fighting and sports kinds. I am a childhood friend of Gianni, and we grew up together as a friendly rival in anything. Games especially. I hate losing, especially to Gianni, and will always swear to beat him back. Something along those lines. Though I care for him like a brother since we’ve been so close since young. Though lately I haven’t been able to hang out with him
Where am I?
-          I was just at the shower, going into my room.
What time is it?
-          Around 6pm. I just got back from classes, and right after a good shower, and receiving a message from my boyfriend Robert. Feels good.
What surrounds me?
-          My bed, my cupboard, the door that leads to the bathroom and the door that leads to the living room.
What are my relationships?
-          Gianni and I are close childhood friend. I care for him like a brother. I’m scared of disappointing him and make him feel sad, because I don’t want to make him feel that way. He rarely disappoints me, so I don’t want to disappoint him.
-          Robert is my boyfriend and I love him. I can’t bear to cancel a plan that I’ve made with him. I miss him so much because we haven’t got the chance to hang out much due to the amount of homeworks and assignments from college.
-          I have a relationship with my phone. I love my phone as it is my means of communicating with the people I care and love
-          Sam, my younger brother. I always practice the tough love on him as an older sister. I care for him very much, and would protect him from anything. But I still tease and be mean with him.
What are the given circumstances?
-          I made a plan with Robert to go out with him on that weekend for the Avenged Sevenfold concert at Singapore. Basically spend the whole weekend with him, and I completely forgot that I already made a plan with Gianni to have a gaming marathon with him.
-          Gianni will obviously be disappointed and it’s not fair on him.
WHAT DO I WANT (objective)?
-          I want to go to the concert with Robert and make Gianni agree to cancel the plan.

WHAT IS IN MY WAY (obstacle)?
-          My guilt and the fact that I know that Gianni will be disappointed and I know that it’s not fair on him
WHAT DO I DO TO GET WHAT I WANT (ACTION)?
-          Apologize to him, promise to him that I’ll give the whole of next weekend for him and have game marathons, and give him time to chill.

And here's the Script and beats for my part:
Sera (S): (Just came out of the shower, with a towel on her head. <I need to dry my hair>continues to dry it with the towel as she makes her way to the bed. >Picks up phone < I got a message from Robert > smiles > lies down as she replies the message)
Gianni (G): (>I’ve got to beat this high score<So I swing my hands around in a tennis motion, trying to beat the virtual opponent = I’m trying as hard as I could) YEAH!!! I’M SO CALLING HER (<excitedly>FINALLY I BEAT HER HIGHSCORE FOR THE 7TH TIME!<I’ve got to tell Sera > calls Sera)
S: (on the bed > receives a call from Gianni > picks it up)
G: (shouting, at the same time Sera pulls away from the phone a bit) I JUST BEAT YOUR HIGHSCORE 7 TIMES IN A ROW, IN YOUR FACE BITCH! (>pointing at the air as an emphasis)
S: (<I’m surprised, and disliked the fact that Gianni had beaten my highs core>sits up > shouts back at the phone) WHAT? DUDE THAT’S NOT COOL! NOT COOL! I AM SO BEATING YO ASS THE NEXT TIME I GET THE CHANCE TO. (>fingers pointing and poking at the air)
G: Challenge Accepted. This Weekend, my place, as we planned. (>My hands goes up to show the acceptance)
S: Wait what? This weekend? (<surprised<wrecking my brain to see if I had forgotten something)
G: Yea, this weekend. Remember you’re coming down and bringing down Mario game?
S: OH SHIT!! (Shouted, followed by some lower volume “oh shit”) OMG. I’m so sorry, but can we do that another time?
G: Why, what’s wrong?
S: Errr, Well, Robert asked me out. Avenged Sevenfold’s concert is this weekend, and I really want to go. Plus, I haven’t got the chance to spend time with him for so long. I’m so sorry, but can we change it to another time?
G: (pause, COMPLETE SILENCE, sigh, and then quietly) oh wells, I guess you go and have fun then. Bye (hangs up)
S: (<Oh Shoot, he just hung up < what do I do > walks around, thinking and scolding myself < I have to apologize and make it up to him > stops, and sits down on the block = calls Gianni back to apologize)
G: (<She ditched me<How can she do that?>I sat back on the chair limply>plays around with the phone>looks at wii<I don’t feel like playing it anymore<The phone rings again=Pick up the call)
G: Yes? (silently)
S: Hey Gianni, listen I’m so sorry.
G: Nah it’s fine.
S: I mean, I shouldn’t have said yes to Robert, even if he was my boyfriend. I should have remembered that I had a plan with you. I’m so sorry.
G: It’s Ok, I understand.
S: Sure?
G: Positive.
S: (pause, appears to be in thoughts for a bit) I’ll make it up to you ok. Next weekend ok. I’m free then, so that weekend will be all yours. I’ll bring down all the games that you want to play. God of War, COD, Pokemon, Mario KartI, and we’ll make next weekend like a game marathon alright? I’m so sorry I ditched you this time. I promise promise promise next weekend will be all yours.
G: As long as you don’t ditch me again then its on.
S: Sure?
G: Yea yea sounds good. Hey I’ve got to go out for dinner so see you.
S: See you (softly) (hang up)
G: (gets up from the chair <turns off the wii<made his exit to get ready for dinner outside)
S: (>Still feeling bad>remembered that I have to find the bunch of old games<looks to her cupboard<rushes towards it and started ransacking the content>I can’t find the games! > I’ll check with my brother, Sam) Sam! Where are my old games?! (<walks out of the room)

Bleh, so that's it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment