Thursday 8 March 2012

Leap year, baby!

[Wednesday, 29th February 2012]

Hey it's they day that comes once every 4 years cool~!

And it comes on Wednesday too! So it means performance day for theater. I feel somewhat prepared, and I felt pretty good about it. I mean, I practiced a lot and I feel pretty good about it.

But that don't stop me from being nervous. Man I never gotten use to getting on stage at all, even though I've been on stage since young.

So as usual, I came in earlier than I usually do to try out my stuff. I didn't want anyone to hear me so I came in early. I practiced for like 10 minutes and Wei Lim came in. Obviously I was too shy to practice in front of him and hence I stopped, and replayed the scene in my head instead. Eventually people started pouring in and stuff. Lih Seng and Leanne joined me soon after and we all started working together. We were reading our lines and trying to remember them.

By 8.30 our class started. Rey gave us the usual briefing and told us that our midterms is coming up. JOY. But we would be working with a partner. Well hopefully I'll get a good partner.

Soon we all started. We started with the warm up, the usual walking around in space. Pretty soon, Leanne, Lih Seng and I went behind the screen and shouted our lines to each other. It felt good actually, in a way. At least it didn't feel weird. Good thing that all three of our stuff was all about being angry and screaming at each other. We went through all our conversation. It turns out that some of our conversation were of the same genre, so it went on quite well.

After 15 minutes of warming up, the performances started. I waited for my turn and it was quite long before I had the chance to go. But I did learn a couple of things such as an apparent change in personality, and paying attention to details. For many people, the same attitude were used for the two different conversation, so there wasn't an drastic change. I kept thinking about mine as Rey was commenting on other people's and I thought that mine had a drastic change in attitude so it was all good.

There was 3 people left and after Leanne went, I had to ask Rey to let me go first. I mean I had to leave at exactly 10, if not my mum would kill me. Bleh. So I went. I felt pretty confident as I went in. I knew I had enough practice, and even got my brother to do it. The only change I made was to actually sit on the block instead of the floor.

Everything went on quite smoothly and I personally think I did better than my single phone calls. In the first phone call especially, I could hear the voice on the other side of the phone. It was pretty cool. He skipped the whole what do you think about it because I had to rush off, and went on to commenting. He thought it was pretty good.YAY! Though he did say that I shouldn't have taken the crossing leg position, as it made me dead from waist down. All the acting only came from the waist up. I'm learning new things everyday ~

I had to rush off as Adam was receiving his comments. Obviously I missed the explanation about the midterms. But I asked Leanne to update me.

An hour later I found out that I had to work with Mohammad. To be honest, I'm not too thrilled about it. Cross fingers, everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment