Sunday 26 February 2012

Rehealsal Notes - Assignment 3

So in this assignment we had to do a phone call.


So I had an idea of calling my mum saying how I need to stay back later. But problem was I have nothing to do when I make the call, whereas we had to be doing something as we make the call.

So I wrecked my brain trying to come up with another idea and voila, I found one. I was going to receive a call in the middle of the night where I'm trying to sleep.

So here's the object exercise:

Who am I?
- I am Celine, a college student, who just finished preparing for her music presentation and the paper assignment that comes with it. I'm tired, stressed out and not exactly in a good mood.
 
Where am I?
- In my room, just coming in from the toilet, preparing to sleep

What time is it?
- Around 1AM in the morning.

What surrounds me?
- The walls of my room, messy table, a bit messy bed, bright white light, doors to my toilet and to the living room.

What are my relationships?
- I want my bed, I want my sleep. I have a relationship with the caller, who is a friend of mine within my close circle of friends

What are the given circumstances?
- I need to sleep, but just as I was falling asleep I was woken up by an unexpected call from this friend

WHAT DO I WANT (objective)?
- I want to sleep and get some rest before the big day of presentation.
 
WHAT IS IN MY WAY (obstacle)?
- My friend needing help with his assignment
 
WHAT DO I DO TO GET WHAT I WANT (ACTION)?
- I lazily got up and helped him find what he needs, and then go to sleep.

And here's the script with the beats in it, mine you its not the Eric in our class.

>Enter the room< I opened the door< yawns< turns off the light to the bathroom>Go to sleep< walks to my bed < unravel the blanket < lies down < sleeps off

*Phone rings*

>Answer the phone< looked for the phone >I can't find it = turn my body around to the other side < answer the phone

Celine: <sleepily. Hello?
Eric: Hello, Celine?
Celine: uh huh?
Eric: You know the music assignment right?
Celine: Yea, what about the music assignment? <rubs eyes
Eric: What are we suppose to write in it?
Celine: Errm, she asks us to write about the musical elements. You know the melody, harmony, rhythm, beat, all those.
Eric: Did she talk about those?
Celine: Those are the things she's been talking the past few weeks.
Eric: Where in the book are those?
Celine: Urghhh, can't you find it yourself? <Kicks off the blanket, pull myself up. One sec, one sec. <walks towards the table< sits down by the chair< opens book< looks for the page. Err It's from page 2 to page 60.
Eric: 60 Pages long?!
Celine: Yea it's 60 pages long.
Eric: How am I going to get through that?!
Celine: You can always use the notes she gave us what.
Eric: Oh yea hor.
Celine: Anything else?
Eric: I think that's all. Thank yea. Good night.
Celine: Ok, night. <hang up.

>Go to sleep< walks towards the bed< puts phone down< lie down while pulling the blanket over < sleeps 

Seems pretty good to me. Hopefully Rey likes it. Let's just wait till Wednesday to find out! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment