Wednesday 8 February 2012

And I am back to the dream called life

No I have not blogged before. EVER in my life...

So I'm pretty proud of myself to start one.

Well partly because I rather be writing my thoughts than typing them out, but that's another story.

So, after a long one and a half months holiday, college starts again. But it wasn't exactly a relaxing holiday with university applications and such. Regardless it was somewhat productive I suppose.

But the most sucky part is that college starts on a TUESDAY. WHY Taylor's WHY? I want my theater class on Monday. But yea, that's life, doesn't always go your way especially when you're in Taylor's.

And after a long week that seemed to drag on forever, Friday finally came. The only thing that could make me jump out of my bed at 5am on a Friday morning is a THTR102 class. Yeepeee~!

Let's just skip to the good part. :D

Well, I was pretty nervous going into the class, since I don't know who is in that class. Sucks right? Yea and the experience I had in Theater 101, a year ago, didn't help much either. But, God must have loved me, as I headed to Experimental Theater, I bumped to, Leanne! YAY! So I wasn't alone!

We both were 10 minutes early, a habit from THTR101 and pretty soon the room began filling in. Turns out I actually know most of the people in that class, which is a good thing and hopefully they are all co-operative. Actually they should be because this is Theater102. Rey joined us soon after.

At 8am sharp, the class started. It began with filling in names, and blog address on the paper that Rey provided, it went to the usual boring thing that all lecturer does. Yes I do admit that it is boring, cause I don't see the point of doing them. No one follows it properly anyway, and I bet majority of the students don't know what's in the Course Outline. But of course, Class Policies are a different matter, but being under Rey last Winter semester, I pretty much know what his class policies are.

Once the boring part were over, it was time to do the fun stuff. The lights go out and we began to walk in space. I had almost forgotten how it felt like to walk in those spaces, but everything began returning to me soon enough. It was followed with running within the spaces while screaming and saying "I love you" to each other. It would have felt awkward, but it didn't which was awesome. There were some funny moments in there, all the fun of a theater class.

The activities were then followed with the "Yes" game. We had to pass around a ball while saying Yes and a number. Because there were 15 of us, Rey made it so that we go up to Yes 30. Tough? Yes. Prolly because of dodgeball, I can't throw my balls high anymore, so majority of my balls went down to the stomach below area (grrr). But oh wells, after about 10 tries, we managed to go up to Yes 30.

And as usual the discussion came. This exercise was all about eye contact, and working together as a single entity. I need to work more on this, and I think it will be easier since the class is full of passionate people who wants to achieve the same goal as I do. I can't wait to get down to work with these people.

Following that was the first homework. We were to make a 1 minute piece of doing something very simple. I think I'm going to do my waking up script. I have an idea of how to work it but of course I need to try it out first. Hopefully Rey's going to love it!

After a year of leaving Theater101, I can't wait to get to Theater 102. Many people told me that it wasn't going to be very transferable. But I didn't care. I loved the stage, I love theater and that's why I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment