Monday 13 February 2012

He forgot about ME!!!

[Friday, 10th February 2012]

Yes He did. Sadly, but I'm kinda glad he did. (bad girl)

It was a Friday morning and theater class was scheduled at 8am and our first skit was due today. As usual we were early and pretty soon after I walked in, Rey got into the class. Nervous, I asked Leanne and Vhina what they were doing for the day, and then this was where I found out that what I did was wrong. Luckily, I had another idea, but I wasn't comfortable doing that idea because I didn't rehearse it much.

As the time pass by, everyone began pouring into the class and turns out half of the class didn't do the object exercise, so I had the choice of either sitting out or performing my skit. Still unsure, I thought I'll give it a shot.

After walking around in space, getting into the zone, those that prepared had to stand in a line. I thought I was second last in line. But when he asked to turn around, turns out I was second. I still didn't know what I was doing, that's why my entrance was very unclear as to what I was doing. I thought I would do me going to sleep and waking up, but again I thought that would be too much. Regardless I did it and I wasn't happy with it at all.

After getting our props we took turns to perform. Leanne had was chosen to go first, then the others follows. For some reason, Rey didn't call me and when he called the other person who weren't called, he said that it was the last one and we were running late.

Conclusion:

HE FORGOT ABOUT ME!!

But I was kinda glad, because I knew that even if I had gone and done mine, it wouldn't have worked out well. My original plan there were too many things that I tried to do within that 1 minute. Even though, I came up with another scene where I just do the bathroom part of it, it was unrehearsed and I don't think my acting would have been up to standard.

But regardless, even though I didn't perform mine, I learned a lot. That is don't try to do so many things at once, and focus on the little things. I particularly liked Teck Sern's tying-a-tie piece. I thought it was brilliant idea yet simple and could be done easily in 1 minute. I thought it was organic and natural thing to do. And to be honest the part where he screws up in the end and gives up, I thought that its a very natural thing to do. Don't ask me how to tie a tie, I would fail like terribly.

David's idea of his contact lenses coming out was something that I could relate to. I wear contacts and I HATE it when it drops out. But I thought that there were some things that were somewhat unnatural to do. Maybe because its the way that I do things. First of all, I never had an incident where both my contacts fell out at the same time, and when it does, I don't rub my eyes over and over again.

Also I learned that timing myself would be very important to see if you're doing too much or not. In my case, me going overboard on the time was an indicator that I was trying to do too much in that one minute.

Rushing out is cliche. Being late for something is cliche. So one thing that I have to do is to find a different reason to exit the area. Why is it tough? Because we tend to overlook other reason for having to leave the room. We find it natural.

Well, the new assignment would be slightly tougher, I bet. 2 minutes, 3 task and obstacles in it. I'm going to start planning and rehearsing and I'm sure its going to be better than my first one!

No comments:

Post a Comment