Monday 13 February 2012

Rehealsal Notes - Assignment 1

And here comes the assignments.

In the first week, we were tasked to do a one minute skit of us doing something very simple. Well it had to have an entrance and an exit, something that I missed before the actual day that we had to show it, as well as being in one room (I have to admit).

So I started with finding out the daily things I do in life that's simple and can be done in one minute. So I thought maybe a waking up scene would be good.

I started with me on the bed, sleeping, when my alarm woke me up. Its 5am in the morning and a long day at college waited for me. It sucks. So being the lazy girl I am, I tried to go back to sleep again, but God forbids. Dragging myself out of the bed, I started washing my face and hand as well as rinsing my mouth.With still heavy eyes, I walked out of the room.

Seemed simple right? That's what I thought. At first I wanted to give it 10 seconds before I actually wake up, but when I timed it, the total time went overboard by 30 seconds. Not a good thing. But I experimented and turns out that 3 second of silence before waking up gives a decent timing.

Acting lazy and waking up in the morning isn't hard for me because I do it EVERY morning. I always would try to get back to sleep, but my conscience would work something up that I end up having to wake up anyway. But what was hard was the bathroom scene. I find it hard to imagine the tap and the bowl. Even though I touch it everyday, I never gave it much thought as to how the positioning was, how I turn the tap on and off. In reaction to that, I spent more time in front of the mirror looking at what I was doing, and working on the scene with the tap.

I had trouble as to how I was going to make my phone ring. I thought about asking someone from the audience to make a sound, but I didn't think that would be wise. But since my phone was a touch screen phone, I could make it as if it was by chance that my hand was on top of my phone and activate the sound myself.

I'm not so confident with this piece actually. I was scared that it wasn't good enough. Maybe partly it was because that it was the first time for me to be composing entirely by myself. I didn't have the time to go and meet up with friends due to a tight Thursday schedule and entirely no class on Wednesday. But I'm hoping it'll be good enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment