Sunday 26 February 2012

Calling you, Calling me

[Wednesday, 22nd February 2012]

I just realize how my title sounds like a song, but whatever.

So today is performance day and because some economania people who had an event on Friday removed the tape, I have to re-tape the whole area again. So there I was at 7AM taping the floor again. Maybe I should put in red there DO NOT REMOVE or something like that. I was done pretty quick, so Vhina didn't have to come.

Leanne came in pretty early too. 7.45 and she was in and it wasn't until 8.30 does the class start. So we both started talking and helped set up the back drop that serves as our door. Pretty soon, Lih Seng joined us and others began to join us.

The piano was there from Friday, they hadn't moved it back into the music room downstairs yet. So I started just messing about with it, and Adam soon came and played with it too. Once he was done Lih Seng took over. He started playing Someone Like You by Adele, to which Leanne and I started singing too. Rey soon walked in and well, we had to stop because class was about to start. He briefed us as usual and we had a short warm up and last rehearsal.

Then the performances started.

Valerie was again first. She did a call to Domino's Pizza. I thought that she was better than last week. But she didn't exactly pay a lot of attention to details and could have been better. Slowly one by one went on and performed their own skit. Again I was within the last 5 people to go.

I performed my skit, although instead of using the floor as my bed, I used 3 blocks to make the bed. I thought that wasn't a good idea, and I shouldn't have done that because I was very conscious that I was on a block, and was scared of falling off. I also thought that I could have been better in terms of my projection. Rey said that I did use the 4th wall, but not as much as he would liked it to, which means that I need to look to my fourth wall object more. The walk as well. I should have been more lazier. I didn't really feel that lazy, maybe because of my nervousness. He said he liked the book though, so that would be a plus point.

I need to again work on more detailing and rehearse my skit more. Filza's one was amazing and I see how much that extra rehearsal can pay off into my own skit. So I'm going to go and plan out my upcoming skit that involves 3 people! I actually can't wait to get this one started.

No comments:

Post a Comment